Christian Services for the Hearing Impaired
Visually Impaired Services
Did you know...
Christian Services for the Blind provides audio literature on CD for totally and partially blind people and for sighted people who cannot read normal print due to disability.
Currently CSFBHI has a library of almost 1000 religious/spiritual/denominational audio titles, and new titles are being added. These are distributed by Vision Australia to members of CSFBHI. Vision Australia, a secular organisation to which CSFBHI members have library access, has some 20,000 titles of many genres and subjects.
Currently the CSFBHI library of audio books is being converted from cassette tape to digital for distribution on CD and downloading to a media device or smart phone, so not all titles are available.
CSFBHI is a charity under the law and offers tax-deductibility for donations and bequests.
- Free library service: some 20,000 audio books are available on CD. Types of books include biographies, mission adventures, human interest, sermons, the Bible, Bible studies (including the weekly Bible Study Guide), Seventh-day Adventist denominational, health and lifestyle, education and travel
- Provides a free CD Daisy Player to qualifying members*
- Free mailing in Australia and New Zealand
- 48-hour turnaround on orders
- Catalogues on request (print or download)
- Some Braile and large print resources
- connections to other Christian content services worldwide
* some conditions apply
Vocational–Recreational Support Scholarships
CSFBHI offer two $2000 scholarships for the visually and hearing impaired.
The CSFBHI Personal Pursuit and Empowerment (PPE) Scholarship gives cash assistance to qualifying visually-impaired persons particiaping in self-improvement vocational or recreational programs in support of their life goals.
The basic provisions include:
- aged 16 or older (no limit)
- planning to or already attending a recognised training/recreational program or entity
- be connected to the Christian community
- be legally sight impaired
- provides outcomes of the pursuit or program.
Vision Australia is a partnership between people who are blind, sighted or have low vision. Vision Australia is a national blindness and low vision service provider. Vision Australia was formed in July, 2004 following the merger of the Royal Blind Society (RBS), the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind (RVIB), Vision Australia Foundation (VAF), and the National Information Library Services (NILS), creating Austraila’s first truly national blindness agency.
Christian Record Services International, Inc (Est. 1899)
Christian Record Services, based in the USA, is an international ministry to the blind and visually impaired. They provide, free, inspirational reading materials in large print, Braille and audio CD for visually-impaired persons. They currently serve blind people in some 70 countries of the world.
Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind
It is the only not-for-profit organisation in New Zealand to provide members with specialist rehabilitation, education and support services.
Royal Blind Society
Royal Blind Society aims to assist people who are blind or vision impaired to maintain independent and fulfilling lives.
Blind Citizens of Australia
Its mission is to achieve equity and equality by empowerment, by promoting positive community attitudes and by striving for high quality and accessible services that meet people's needs. Blind Citizens Australia is the national representative body of people who are blind or vision impaired.