Christian Services for the Hearing Impaired
Hearing Impaired Services
Did you know...
Christian Services for the Hearing Impaired provides information about hearing loss and resources to encourage awareness and a greater understanding.
- For individuals
Free library of signed or subtitled videos on religion, scripture and history.
Contact us for more details.
- For churches
Advice on sound technology suitable for the hearing impaired to allow a person with a hearing aid to hear a speaker or soloist clearly from within the congregation.
Vocational–Recreational Support Scholarships
CSFBHI offer two $2000 scholarships for the visually and hearing impaired.
The CSFBHI Personal Pursuit and Empowerment (PPE) Scholarship gives cash assistance to qualifying visually-impaired persons particiaping in self-improvement vocational or recreational programs in support of their life goals.
The basic provisions include:
- aged 16 or older (no limit)
- planning to or already attending a recognised training/recreational program or entity
- be connected to the Christian community
- be legally sight impaired
- provides outcomes of the pursuit or program
Australian Communication Exchange
If you have a hearing impediment or speech impediment and are in Australia, you can use the ACE (Australian Communication Exchange) national relay service to contact us or anyone else. Here is how to use this service:
- You require a teletypewriter or a computer.
- Using your teletypewriter (TTY) or computer, call 13 24 44 to contact the ACE Relay Service.
- You then give the phone number of the person you want to contact to the ACE Relay Officer.
- The relay officer inputs the number and will relay everything you type to the person you are contacting.
For more information: phone 1800 629 863 (free call for TTY), 1800 652 201 (free call for computer or voice) or website www.aceinfo.net.au
Or write to:
Australian Communication Exchange Ltd
252 Annerley Road
Dutton Park Qld 4102
People who do not have a speech or hearing impediment can use this service to talk to a speech or hearing impaired person by calling 13 25 44.
Deaf Bible School —
Contains free online Bible studies.
Deaf Connect —
Be connected with other deaf people around the world, you can also choose your local region — Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific Islands by clicking on the <Email Directory> link.
Amazing Facts Sabbath School study hour —
Weekly Sabbath School lessons with closed captioning (don't forget to click on the CC symbol).